Do you know how many times I have had to reinvent myself and my life? Do you know how many times I’ve done it just in the last few years? I can truly attest to the fact that it’s never too late to renew YOU, because I have done it again and again (and again).
- I quit the well paid job. Check.
- I opened a spiritual shop and became a small business owner. Check.
- I closed the shop to open The Academy of Spiritual Knowledge. Check
- I expanded (way too soon). Check.
- I closed the Academy…. and separated from my husband. Check. Check.
- I began teaching and healing from home. Check.
- I began a blog and started teaching online. Check.
- I got divorced. Check. And clawed my way out of debt. Check.
- I almost lost my eye (and took 2 years of some serious immunosuppression to recover), whilst still healing others. Check.
- I got involved in a really messed-up situationship with a closet-narcissist. Check.
- Life spiralled downwards from there, I almost lost everything. Check.
- I climbed back out of the pit of despair. Check.
- I got free of the unhealthy connection. Check.
- I realised how many more onesided unhealthy connections were in my life. Check.
- I distanced myself from those too. Check…
At this point I’m getting sick of checking off massive shifts in my growth (then my decline and subsequent regrowth) and I haven’t even gone into: shock house moves, theft of intellectual property, an elderly parent becoming infirm, becoming a carer, 2 years of hospital visiting, deaths (plural), loss of my fur-babies, perimenopause… (I mean FFS), the list goes on and in no particular order. But do you know what the most astounding thing is about these events that WE ALL go through in one form or another? You get to choose who you are going to be every time life offers you a shift into new territory. You get to decide to become a new you, or the same you who just keeps having shit happen.
None of the stuff I mentioned happened to me… it all happened FOR me. And I am so much better and stronger for it.
I’m at the stage now where I am once again in the middle of renewal. It is completely by my own design. Nothing forced, nothing by chance. I decided it was time for reinvention this time around as I have done so many times before, because I’m just not going to listen when anyone tells me that my dreams are just too big or unrealistic.
Although it is pretty scary at times stepping out of an old skin and exposing the raw fresh me to the light in all my vulnerability, it’s also liberating, because I am not confined by who I was before. I don’t have to conform to anyone else’s expectations of who I should be or what I should be.
I have been so many things: crushed, empowered, humiliated, relieved, humbled, outraged, burned, judged, revered, pitied, envied, inspired and inspiring… but it’s only through walking The Grail Path that I finally learned that being me is the most rewarding thing ever.
And that ‘Me’ is ever evolving through grace because of self-love.
If you are thinking that it’s too late for you to change your life or renew yourself or your circumstances or upgrade your existence to one where you feel fuelled up and ready to take on the world, it’s not. If you are breathing you have the capacity to create change. If you can imagine, you can become.
The problems only start because you are afraid to imagine more for yourself. You have forgotten that you are just as worthy of happiness as the next person… (possibly because you’ve aligned yourself with a lot of unhappy people next to you).
If you want to really see how capable you are of renewal, start your own list today just like I did above. Then check off the amount of times you have had to reinvent yourself. It’s never too late to renew YOU!
With love from Jo (whichever version I may become) xxx